top of page
  • What do I need to start CDL training?
    You will need these 3 things before you can begin the BTW portion of your training: DOT Medical Card - You will need to have a physical performed by an FMCSA certified medical examiner (a link to the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners is provided on our resource page). DOT Drug Screen - you can get this at any occupational health facility. CLP (Commercial License Permit) - After completion of the theory course or study of the Idaho CDL Manual (link provided on our resource page), you can take the knowledge test at the DMV to get your CLP.
  • How long does a course take?
    The entire Class A CDL training course can take up to 4 weeks, Monday through Friday, 7am to 530pm, but a student's aptitude, previous experience, taking the theory portion online instead of in person, and other such factors can shorten that time frame respectively.
  • How do I sign up for a course?
    To sign up for a course, click the “Apply Now” button or contact our Administrator, Pauline Adams at (208) 941-7946, or Mon-Fri, 8am-530pm
  • What does a typical day at school look like?
    Theory - Each day the classroom will involve morning instruction with textbook and PowerPoint representations taught by an instructor and broken up with truck labs for hands on learning. BTW - As a student completes their in-class theory, they will be using their afternoons sitting in the seat of a truck learning basic maneuvering skills on a range set up for practice. Once a student exhibits proficiency in driving on the range, they will be driving on public roads with a trainer.
  • What is the required age for acquiring a CDL license?
    Although you only have to be 18 years old to acquire a CDL, it would only allow you to operate within the state borders. You would need to be 21 years old to travel out of state. Also, keep in mind that most companies, due to insurance reasons, are looking for drivers at least 23 years of age and older.
bottom of page